Field Application Engineer - FPGA HW and SW, Customer/Sales Experience needed
FPGA Hardware engineer with Software C/C++ skills to work in a customer facing role, supporting and training new and existing clients.
- Trip to the US for training
- Company Car allowance
- Excellent training and career progression
About the Role:
You will be working for a company that sells Programmable devices. As the Field Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for accelerating the adoption and sales of FPGA and SoC (Zynq). You will use your expert knowledge of FPGA from vendors such as XILINX AND ALTERA products preferably.
You will be working with the design engineers, account managers and system architects to design the best solution for the client, deliver technical presentations and provide on going support as well as demonstrations.
Travel to the US is compulsory so you must pass personnel clearance visa checks to comply with USA control laws so you must have a clean record. Full drivers License is also essential for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Talk to existing and new customers and identify sale opportunities
• Work autonomously and within a team to set and achieve sales goals as well as what is best for the customer
• Translate business requirements into software and system solutions from concept , architecture to optimising design
• Create samples of HW and SW designs including block level diagrams
• Support and guide customers through designs and methodologies
• Face to face training and support to clients post and pre sales
Primary Skills & Experience:
• BA in Electronic Engineering
• 5+ years experience in FPGA and embedded design
• C/C++ Programming experience
• VHDL and Verilog / TCL Languages
• Excellent communication/ rapport building skills
• Consultative and interpersonal skills
• Drivers licence is essential
• Knowledge or experience with Vivado Tool flow
• Understand both HW and SF development process for SOX Platforms targeting Zync
• Design high speed serial designs including PCle Gen 3 and 10G ETHERNET and SDI Connectivity
• Good understanding of DSP Methodologies (e.g Matlab)
• Linux experience
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to use both your FPGA knowledge and work in a client facing role. You will be given a car allowance, incentives and an excellent salary to start with and then the world is your oyster with what you can achieve !
If you want to find out more or have a confidential no strings attached chat call Lorena on 0280474020 or email me Lorena@xpand.com.au