designing and building highly scalable web platforms that provide Institutional investors access to the bank's content, portfolio analytics, risk, and execution services. Joining a group of talented and passionate product managers, designers, and engineers you will be responsible for the following:
- Work with traders as well as research teams to design new trading strategies
- Work closely too with compliance, traders, quantitative analysts, and technology teams to provide innovative solutions with a focus on highly scalable systems
- Extend their trading platform to support new exchanges and gateways
- Actively engage in all aspects of SDLC including business requirements soliciting, solution conceptualisation, architecture, designing, coding, testing and deploying applications
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship with peers and other technology team members providing technology leadership and mentoring
- University degree and up to 10 years experience as a Quant Developer from within a bank or within a financial technology company
- Ideally excellent Python development skills although other languages will be considered, in-depth Pandas experience
- Solid background in scripting languages (Python, Perl) and Linux and network programming skills
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
- Experience with Relational databases/SQL data stores – MongoDb, Cassandra, Elastic etc.
- Can demonstrate familiarity with mathematics used in finance, such as linear algebra and probability.
- Fluency in English essential. Mandarin for HK position ideal. Japanese preferred for Tokyo