What you’ll be doing…
- The overall accountability is to ensure that Credit Risk provides better, richer, deeper asset quality assurance through use of effective data analytics. The role is an agent for change, to constantly improve the way Credit Risk utilizes data & analytics, with continuous disruption of the environment taking key responsibility and ensuring that it is supported by a transformational vision. This is achieved through:
- Determining implementing and deploying new analytics practices (eg: Descriptive analytics, Predictive analytics/data mining and forecasting, optimization for resource allocation, simulation/risk management, and analytics and Big Data).
- The role will be responsible for taking and shaping the problem or opportunity which may not be well formed but through the use of data and analytic techniques the candidate will determine and guide improvements or move quickly to gain traction in another direction and achieve results to improve our business or qualify the value of essential work and the ROI in doing so.
- The role will require the ability to communicate and provide business context around the data, metric, and analytic insights and will be accountable for ensuring the connection between the AQ process and the management, monitoring and potential impacts to the Credit Risk Portfolio
- There is an expectation to collaborate with the Asset Quality Assurance Team, the Portfolio teams, and other Data Analytic teams across the enterprise.
- The main challenge for this role will require flexibility and a can-do attitude whilst leveraging existing capabilities to drive business outcome. This role must ensure the appropriate road map for transitioning to the future state capabilities via the Discovery Cloud and Data Hub.
- The candidate for this role will need to be able to extract and manage robust datasets, develop metrics and thresholds to enable new approaches to analytics, to then drive the development of story-telling using an appropriate publishing vehicle to drive changes to AQ monitoring and thematics, Portfolio and or any other necessary changes required for the management of Credit Risk. In many ways the role requires the candidate to work backwards so that they can get as close as they can to sort out their needs to execute.
What you will bring...
- 8 -10 years’ relevant industry experience with qualifications in Mathematics, Statistics preferred, followed by Computer science coupled with specific online training or training in the field of Data Science
- Highly proficient in 2 prominent methods of data analysis qualitative and quantitative research.
- Proven Technical capability in analytic techniques - Descriptive, Predictive analytics/data mining and forecasting, Optimization for resource allocation, simulation/risk management and analytics and Big Data
- Proficiency in understanding and interpreting obligations relating to Credit Risk
- Experience in running agile approach (standups, iteration kickoffs, Retros, Showcases with the Business as the Iteration Manager)
- R programming language skill, together with Python Coding or similar, highly proficient in ability to write and execute complex queries in SQL
- Data visualization expertise preference to use Tableau as this is current visualization tool within the organisation
- Ability to work with structured and unstructured data (the latter is essential as the collection of outputs from AQ will be unstructured data)
- Banking and Finance background beneficial however will not be an obstacle for the right candidate with strong Business acumen
- Intellectual curiosity is a must with strong proven execution capability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (ability to author requirements, business rules, Functional Specs, Acceptance & Test Criteria)
What's in it for you?
This is a fast growing organisation with lots of career opportunities and the ability to earn an excellent package.
To learn more and have access to a more complete job description listing the full responsibilities, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.