What you’ll be doing…
- Validation of medium material models used in the Bank. This includes stakeholder / model owner engagement, writing of a validation report, assigning a validation rating of models and negotiating remedial actions following a validation, etc.
- Identification of business improvements in relation to models
- Opportunity to provide a model risk advisory role to the business and add value through your independent review and challenge of existing models
- Production of regular validation information to the Group Model Risk Committee regarding model performance
- Support the pipeline of model validation activity
- Assist with engagement to senior management, regulators, professional bodies and other interested stakeholders on the performance of enterprise models
- Support / coaching of / sharing of knowledge with team members as required
What you will bring...
- Hold a graduate degree (preferably Masters or PhD) in a quantitative field such as Financial Engineering, Applied Finance / Statistics / Mathematics, Computational Finance, Actuarial Studies
- Possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial risk including both risk management and quantitative modelling (preferably within the banking sector). Understanding of quantitative modelling in a variety of fields, such as Credit Risk, Traded and/or Non-Traded Market Risk and/or Financial Modelling.
- A strong quantitative background with computer literacy is essential, including Excel/Access/VB skills (Understanding of or practical experience with Python, R, SAS or similar coding packages is advantageous)
- Demonstrate sound risk management capabilities learned from proven experience with high quality standards
- Be familiar with development and implementation of risk models (vendor or “in-house” models)
- Show interest in testing, development, and/or validation processes of banking risk models
- Be capable of analysing business context, risk management needs, and assessing current risk projection capabilities. Ideally, this will complement an ability to propose multiple risk modelling responses to the identified needs
- Demonstrate sound judgement and ability to communicate to senior management and committees
- Possess fluent oral and written English. Additional languages are also relevant and welcome
- Have a track record of good work organisation and insightful contributions to work organisation either as team leaders or as team members
What's in it for you?
This is a fast growing organisation with lots of career opportunities and the ability to earn an excellent package.
To learn more and have access to a more complete job description listing the full responsibilities, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.