This individual will report to the Hardware & Nest Global Trade Classification Program. Core responsibilities will provide day-to-day classification support for Consumer Electronics Products and Parts, Trade Data Management, Data Analytics and Various projects related to the company. This person is needed to support the exponential growth of product development in Hardware.
Technology/Hong Kong/1-Year Contract
My client is a huge player within the Tech industry and is well known for providing a fantastic office atmosphere and culture. It is a highly reputable company that offers great perks as well as the environment. It is a place where you can learn from the best minds in the industry.
The ideal candidate will have a background in tariff classification and an advanced understanding of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule and framework for the application.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Serve as classification Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Hardware & Nest
- Assist the Company's Hardware Classification Program Manager with day-to-day classifications and workload management
- Obtain product information needed to perform accurate classifications and interact with internal engineering teams
- Run data analytics to validate classifications
- Maintain classification trade data
- Assist Classification Program Manager with a broad array of projects related to managing the classification program
- Bachelors Degree required but not mandatory
- Import (tariff Classification) - practical hands on.
- Experience working within import classification principles, (e.g., U.S. and EU Harmonized Tariff Schedules
- General Rules of Interpretation, Explanatory Notes, and Binding Rulings)
- Data Analytics/Excel skills - ECCN classifications for information technology hardware and encryption