You are a Data Analyst / Senior Data Analyst with a consultative mindset, so you have to be an extrovert with a flair for delivering convincing pitches. You will have an analytical mindset with strong, self-sufficient, data management for reporting and pulling insights using your solid Tableau experience. Ideally you will also have a degree in Mathematics or Statistics.
- The lead in maintaining data warehouse across all projects (SQL); work with colleagues across the globe in obtaining internal data and troubleshooting data issues as necessary
- Aggregate, normalize and cleanse data from a variety of sources to create an internal data set for statistical analysis and modeling
- Evaluate data procedures to ensure validity, applicability, and accuracy of modeling results
- Build scalable data pipelines by collaborating with stakeholders from multiple teams and assist in execution and implementation of these systems
- Visualization and business analytic research to identify statistical relationships present in large and complex sets of data. Perform descriptive analytics and build compelling predictive and prescriptive models.
- Report modeling results of analysis to management and assist in preparing presentations for business leaders
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Technical Science or related field
- Strong SQL and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) skills
- Experience with data visualization software (QlikView, Tableau)
- Experience using statistical modeling and data mining techniques (utilizing R, SAS or Matlab)
- Track-record of independent learning and technical problem-solving
- Ability to develop and communicate creative solutions to technical problems
- Familiarity with insurance and financial concepts