What’s in it for you ?
As a Data Architect, you are a data technology evangelist in the company who advocates technology and our data platform.
You shall oversee the governance, design, ongoing development and operations of an end-to-end Data & Analytics architecture that synergies all our data (structured and unstructured) to information that brings sense to our data consumers for their fact-based decision making and analysis.
You are instrumental in working closely with stakeholders like Business users, IT Project Managers, Infrastructure team, to maximize the value of our data platform.
- Oversee the ongoing development and operations of an end-to-end Data architecture that enables fact-based decision making, ad-hoc analysis and insight generation.
- Regular review of emerging technologies to assess their relevance and viability in solving on-going information management challenges eg. Big Data, cloud computing, enterprise business metadata management and Data SOA.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of corporate data architecture, data management standards and conventions, data dictionaries and data element naming standards and conventions for multiple computing environments.
- Establish standard information architecture best practices in the context of the enterprise’s overall architecture, and consistently apply such standards to operating units and functions across the company.
- Collaborating with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions and recommend the most efficient and cost effective data related solutions for improved data integrity.
- Improving and streamlining processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Review and approve project designs including data models and ETL.
- Prepares written reports of findings and recommendations.
- Mentoring the Data Technology team and other IT teams on technical skills.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years’ experience in proven implementation and delivery of Data solutions, including data management experience, like architecting data management solutions and designing/developing data governance policies/standards.
- Extensive proven experience in Solution envisioning, building demonstration, estimates, proposal development, user presentations/workshop conduct.
- Hands-on experience on Big Data, Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Data Mart eg. Hadoop Hortonworks, Hive, Pig, Spark, Scalar, Netezza etc.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycles and agile methodology.
- Familiarity with process modeling, semantic modeling and data modeling.
- Expertise in SQL and databases.
- Knowledge in insurance domain is an added advantage.
If this sounds like you please get in touch.