Who it's with:
One of Victoria's leading Education Authorities is seeking a Data Engineer to support and enhance the end to end Data Solution and Infrastructure. Over time, you will seek to improve on this solution and data capture methods, to ensure the business can make informed data-driven decisions.
- Act as the principle subject matter expert within the data domain
- Support the components of the data solution, which consists of:
- Talend ETL Services
- AWS S3 Datalake
- AWS Redshift Data Warehouse
- Tableau Dashboarding Services
- SAS reporting and analytics
- Support the overnight ETL process, including:
- Maintaining and developing new batch processes with Talend Studio
- Reviewing results of processes and troubleshooting issues
- Performing analysis and fixing any issues as the result of a failed process
- Perform basic administration activities on the Redshift Data Warehouse environment
- Contribute to the design and implementation of dimensional models to support our growing business needs
- Identify opportunities to expand our models and metrics with new data sources and integrations
- Provide expert advice within the data domain, and be open to learning new and emerging technologies, trends, and processes within this evolving space
- Work closely with our reporting and analytics teams to support their day to day data requirements
- Provide input and contribute to, the development and implementation of our data governance framework and it’s processes
- Provide feedback on how to best capture and clean necessary data from the source
- Open to working with data visualization tools such as Tableau
What you'll need:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or a related field and 2-4 years of relevant post-graduate experience
- Self-starter, able to work independently and self-manage where needed.
- Positive attitude and proactive, willing to learn new tools and technologies.
- Strong communicator, able to communicate complex ideas and concepts to non-technical staff.
- Strong knowledge of concepts within the data domain (Dimensional Modelling, Data Marts, Data Lakes, Data Warehouses, ETL, Reporting concepts etc).
- Exposure and/or experience in a range of technologies within the data domain (SQL Databases, EMR, Talend, SAS, Tableau etc).
- Cloud platform experience (Amazon Web Services preferred)
- Data Warehousing experience (AWS Redshift or columnar database preferred)
- Experience building and supporting ETL batch jobs (Talend preferred)
- Advanced SQL skills, able to performance tune tables/queries.
- Sufficient mathematical background with ability to understand reporting and analysis algorithms.
- Ability to work with large scale, complex, poorly documented and sometimes incomplete data.
- Experience in Java and/or Python
Why you'll want it:
A fantastic and challenging opportunity to join a successful team within the Melbourne CBD
Please APPLY NOW or call Geraint on 03 8637 7370 for more info