An exponentially growing financial services company with multiple industry awards is seeking a Data Engineering Technical Lead to help drive / build a new team of Big Data Engineers.
They are a collaborative and close knit team of high performing individuals who work hard and celebrate their achievements. You can expect a fast paced, flexible, dynamic and fun environment where if you work hard you will be significantly rewarded.
What your new role would entail…
- Contribute to and mentor data engineers during the various agile rituals (e.g. standup, card kick-offs, walkthroughs, and showcases).
- Lead and mentor data engineers on; correct testing process, design for stories, & software development practices.
- Review python code and design decisions.
- Working with business analysts to ensure requirements are clear as well as offering technical input into the requirements process.
- Hands on designing and coding of ETL.
- Working with DevOps, to ensure the availability, reliability, performance & security of the platform.
- Continuous innovation in development practices, team processes and data management.
- Regularly present to internal colleagues/stakeholders and external meet-ups/conferences
- Regularly lead refactoring workshops/activities, to continuously address technical debt and keep the platform evergreen.
- Provide cutting edge direction, by building a flexible solution that can be adapted/upgraded and staying in touch with the industry.
What you will bring...
- Experience across full software development lifecycle: Analysis, Development, Testing, Configuration Management, Deployment and Release.
- Agile Software Development and Management methods and ability to excel within a fast paced environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Python.
- Experience with big data technologies. (e.g Spark, Kafka/Kinesis, Redshift/Teradata, Tableau/Qlikview etc).
- Experience working with diverse teams from Development, Testing, Operations, Security, Architecture, Infrastructure to Business & Management.
- Experience building solutions on Amazon Web Services.
- Continuous Integration & Delivery practices and tools.
What's in it for you?
This is a fast growing organisation with lots of career opportunities and the ability to earn an excellent package.
If you believe this role is for you, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.