You will provide insights by applying rigorous data science methodologies to develop statistical and mathematical models, while also having the chance to be involved with exciting advancements in artificial intelligence and machine learning and innovation.
What you’ll be doing…
- Develop, test and implement statistical and mathematical models, using a variety of rigorous techniques, across multiples business lines
- Support, test and develop Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence capability across the enterprise
- Support the wider Data Science community, including segmentation frameworks, lifecycle event triggers, predictive models and advanced analytics
- Present insights and learning in a clear way to our executives
- Support the team to deliver their strategic agenda
What you will bring...
- Post Graduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar industry experience
- A background in statistical analysis and modelling techniques over large data sets, with proven capability constructing, validating, and implementing models
- You're comfortable developing code and performing analysis using common tools such as R / Python
- Ability to build appropriate models from scratch and justify the methods and science used
- The ability to explain simply how complex models work, and how they can be used in the real world to achieve desired business outcomes
- An openness to new ways of thinking and working
Required expertise in the following disciplines:
- Predictive Modeling
- Feature Engineering
- Text Mining and Sentiment Analytics
- Machine Learning
Required technical skills:
- Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Spark
- R, Python,
- Strong SQL skills
Desirable skills & experience:
- Micro service development
- API development
- Visualisation products
- NoSQL technologies (incl HBase)
What's in it for you?
This is a fast growing organisation with lots of career opportunities in a truly collaborative environment.
To learn more and have access to a more complete job description listing the full responsibilities, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.