This is a great opportunity to be a key contributor in a high-performance team of data engineers and data scientists, working collaboratively within cross-functional Remediation squads to support the timely resolution of Events across the CX Business Unit.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be one of the pioneers of the strategic data agenda by adopting cutting edge cloud-based analytics technology and collaborating with the Enterprise Data team.
- Where necessary, come up with innovative and intuitive analytical methodologies to (a) gain insights into complex populations and (b) can triage and segment populations in rational fashion for potential testing.
- Learn and consider the business requirements, governance processes and regulatory requirements regarding remediation events and help stakeholders understand data analysis assumptions, constraints and outputs
- Build, test and document calculators/models used in customer remediation events and ensure that they comply with the Model Risk Policy and maintain and leverage repository of rules, models and calculators to maximise efficiency and quality
- Bring your passion for data - participate in the Enterprise Data Analytics community and work closely with Enterprise Data to improve tools, processes or documentation if it’s not right or not working
- Manage the hygiene and quality of your analysis which includes documentation (e.g. processes, assumptions, risks on Wiki/Confluence/Teams), version control (e.g. GIT) and peer reviews
- Actively participate in our dynamic, agile team by supporting workload planning (e.g. sprint planning, sprint reviews, using Jira), working autonomously but collaboratively and suggesting improvements to help us improve
- Risk accountability forms part of all roles, as everyone is responsible for managing risk and compliance
Skills & Experience:
- Understanding of statistical techniques and approaches and the application of these for customer event analysis
- Intermediate proficiency in SQL (3+ years)
- Solid experience in performing complex data analytics tasks in data warehouse (3+ years)
- Preferred hands-on coding experience in Python/R
- Preferred working experience on cloud platforms, including S3, Redshift and/or DynamoDB
- Data visualisation (e.g. Tableau, Qlik) is a plus
- Financial Services experience is highly regarded
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to collaborate across teams
- Commercial problem-solving capability
Numerous programs including rewards and recognition, health and well-being; alongside a wide range of staff discounts
How to Apply:
This is a great opportunity to join an award winning company as it goes from strength to strength.
If you believe this role is for you, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below