About our client
Join this dynamic Tech Start-Up and work with a company that is changing the game.
Our client a dynamic startup is building an exciting world-class product, and they are looking for an up and coming Microsoft Database Administrator to join them on the journey to the top.
About the role
The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical Microsoft SQL Server and other open source RDBMS systems (PostgreSQL), to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our enterprise applications. This is a "hands-on" position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
You love performance tuning. Scalability is the forefront of your design process. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively in a flat startup environment.
- Manage SQL Server databases (and open source RDBMS such as PostgreSQL) through multiple environments, from development to mission-critical production and demo systems.
- Designing new databases and managing the existing schemas.
- Maintain Read replicas and failover systems for all of our DBs.
- Manage the performance, security, and scalability of our Data Warehouse.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience and PostgreSQL/MySQL required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Experience warehousing data, NoSQL databases, and distributed architectures
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server + PostgreSQL/MySQL
- Excellent written and verbal English communication
- Flexible, team player, "get-it-done" personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Great attitude and sense of humour
Why you should apply today
- A fun, high performing environment
- Multicultural environment
- Excellent annual remuneration
- Use of best in class technology
- An opportunity to have a genuine impact on the product
- If you are not in Hong Kong, they can provide sponsorship