My client, one of the world's biggest retailers, currently undergoing a large scale expansion in Hong Kong, are looking for a Database and Application Specialist to join their team. This is an opportunity to work in a diverse culture within a large global organisation. You will be working closely with the business, developing applications and catering to the business needs.
- Partner with Business Controlling team to set up and enhance the functionality of Business Intelligence (BI) platforms, Oracle Essbase and Hyperion Planning/Reporting
- Maintain Oracle Essbase outline, calculation scripts and data loading rules
- Handle development and maintenance phases of projects with Oracle, MS-SQL databases, middleware in a distributed computing environment.
- Participate in projects, contributing in database/application support, installation, integration as well as subsequent administration
- Provide business-as-usual support for application systems in areas of monitoring, tuning, backups and patching
- Degree holders or above in Computing, IT or Engineering from a recognised tertiary institution with 3+ year database experience in an enterprise production environment
- Working knowledge in Windows/Linux is a must
- Working knowledge of Oracle 10g/11g/12c, Oracle Essbase, Hyperion Planning/Reporting and MS SQL is desirable
- Working knowledge of programming in SQL, PLSQL is desirable
- Good knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) and ETL is desirable
- Customer-oriented with good troubleshooting, communication and interpersonal skills.
Good spoken and written communication skills in both English