Database Systems Analyst / Developer
Xpand on behalf of our client Barrick (Niugini) Limited (BNL), are seeking an experienced Database Systems Analyst Developer. Reporting to the Manager – Information Technology & Communications, the purpose of this role is to develop and support the systems critical for supporting corporate and operational requirements.
BNL is a company incorporated in Papua New Guinea, and operates the Porgera Gold Mine in Enga Province on behalf of the Porgera Joint Venture partners. BNL is an independently managed company and is jointly owned through an equal partnership between Barrick Gold and Zijin Mining Group.
- Creating and designing MS SQL databases to support various applications;
- Manage designs for new databases or changes to existing databases;
- Crate new ASP.NET web based applications;
- Maintain existing applications by adding new features, fixing bugs or generating ad hoc reports;
- Ensuring the data is available, by maximising database uptime;
- Conceptualisation and development of new solutions or enhancements as well as lifecycle planning.
- Graduate Diploma or degree in Computing, Computer Science, Information Technology or related disciplines;
- Varied ERP systems knowledge and experience;
- Demonstrated experience in the support of customers via a formal Help Desk workflow including management and support of the SQL Server environments;
- Extensive experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SASS), SQL Service Integration Services (SSIS) and third party OLAP and data analysis tools;
- Strong practical skills and experience in web development using ASP.NET and Web forms including working with relational databases and developing database driven. NET applications with the ability to write, troubleshoot and optimise complex queries and stored procedures;
- Oracle Database experience specifically on a R12 EBS environment desirable;
- Oracle APEX development experience desirable;
- The ability and willingness to train and develop PNG national employees.
This role will be on a FIFO roster of 16 days on / 12 days off with a charter out of Cairns. Work location will be the Porgera Mine Site, PNG
An on-travel allowance will be provided to candidates who reside outside of Cairns, Australia.
Relocation assistance is provided should you wish to move to Cairns (provided you have the right to reside in Australia).
FIFO from international locations will be considered.
In addition to base annual salary and international savings plan you will receive:
- Location allowance
- Mobility allowance
- Short term incentive plan
- Long term incentive plan.
For PNG Visa purposes you will to undertake immigration and pre-employment medical screening and will need to obtain a National Police Clearance.
The offer for this role is conditional upon the candidate successfully obtaining and retaining a visa that allows you to work in Papua New Guinea.
If you have the skills and experience required hit APPLY today.