A leading financial institution is looking for a junior Developer, ideally with financial services experience but this is not essential as a desire to learn the financial side of things will be looked upon favorably as this role isn't just about technology and building software.
This is a rare opportunity to train into a valued area of the business, specialising in a highly sought after investment banking product.
The Technology team is expanding and we have an opportunity for a junior Developer to join the Technology Team in Melbourne. You will be required to learn all the necessary financial components of the business with a vision to enhance the platform for business. Working as part of a cross disciplined group with team members located in Melbourne, Sydney, London and New York, you will assist the ongoing development, delivery and maintenance of the Risk Management platform for FX, FX Options and Commodities.
What you'll need:
- A technology degree, one that specialises more in development than PM and BA practices
- Java, C++ or .NET experience preferable.
- Ideally you will have a background in financial services but if not, as a minimum, you need to hold a strong desire to work in financial services and have a desire to learn the financial side of things as the role isn't just about technology and building software.
- A good communicator with solid written and verbal skills
- Comfortable with business engagement - over time this will be required
- You must be flexible and happy to not only develop but to also gather requirements, design solutions, test, deploy, and support software products in production
- You must be a team player - willing to go the extra mile to help colleagues and the overall success of the team
Why you'll want it:
A fantastic and challenging opportunity to work for a market leading financial institution in the Melbourne CBD.
Please APPLY NOW or call Will McGreal on 03 8637 7304 for more info