This role addresses one of the key areas in which the delivery model is not fully effective: ensuring that the design, development, testing and operational handover of interfaces delivers fully effective interactions between applications. It sits within the Application Delivery team, reporting to the Delivery Integration Lead.
What you’ll be doing…
Work with Architecture, application teams, other delivery streams, IT BAU personnel and vendors to ensure the following:
- Interface designs meet the business requirements that they support, and are aligned with architectural patterns
- Design documentation is complete, of high quality and addresses all necessary aspects of interface development and operation
- Non-functional requirements are defined and agreed, including response times, availability percentages, return-to-service targets, failover arrangements, etc
- The sending and receiving applications are able to deal with interface failure in a way that protects critical business processes (with the aim of avoiding duplicate or “orphaned” records, providing alerts to users, exception reporting, etc)
- Testing coverage includes positive and negative testing, performance and volume testing across all non-functional requirements, and validation of application behaviours when interfaces fail or response times are not met
- Service levels and operational procedures in the various BAU teams / vendors are commensurate with the non-functional requirements
What you will bring...
- Minimum of 5 years of project and program delivery experience.
- Outstanding communications skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to analyse and prioritise issues and risks.
- Ability to understand the interfacing technologies in use, at summary / functional level.
- Ability to understand the role(s) that each interface plays in supporting the relevant business processes and activities.
What's in it for you?
This is a fast growing organisation with lots of career opportunities and the ability to earn an excellent package.
To learn more and have access to a more complete job description listing the full responsibilities, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.