My client is undertaking an exciting and challenging transformation program to modernise their integration services to micro-services, enabling us to deliver new features to our customers faster, while improving the resiliency of our services.
I am looking for a leader who can work with the people around them – and inspire them to do better. We are seeking someone who is resilient, courageous and isn’t afraid to take risks and push boundaries by creating a safe environment to try, fail and learn. This is why we’re looking for an experienced Integration Solution Designer with a passion for building world class technology solutions.
You’re the know-how behind our digital future. A go-to expert supporting teams across the service as they develop new solutions and transition to cloud-based technology.
We’ll be drawing on your extensive expertise in designing and building micro services. You’ll be providing world class solutions for our various projects to transform our sizeable integration workloads to not only meet the ever changing customer demands, but also lay a foundation to future proof our services.
- Work with Engineer Managers, Product Owners and Delivery Owners on all changes that impact our platforms
- Deliver solutions across a range of technologies and platforms, with a strong emphasis on AWS
- Understand the inner workings of our core banking systems as well as digital front ends and how they integrate with each other
- Spot potential design gaps and risks (and assess their impact)
- Ask the right questions to keep things moving forward
- Keep records and help maintain a central knowledge repository with details about models, patterns, guidelines and standards and project deliverables
- Take care of the non-functional side of it all – things like security, capacity, performance, cross-capacity and cross-release
- Make significant design decisions – and recognise when changes need to be made
- Socialise and get acceptance on suggested solutions and be bold enough to question approach if they do not fit strategic direction
- Work closely with stakeholders to curate and suggest options to ideas and mitigate risks
- Proven thought leader in the Solution Design space who can demonstrate solid leadership capability across their technology work experience
- Experience in micro-service architecture
- HTML5, Bootstrap, JAVA
- Rest, SOAP, TLS, API Design
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies
- Strong experience with SQL (Oracle, MySQL, Postgresql) and NoSQL (CouchDB, MongoDB, REDIS, etc)
- Experience in AWS services
- Experience in Web Services and Micro Services
- Experience in containerisation is an advantage
- Mainframe knowledge a bonus
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience in agile digital team – so you need to be ready to think fast, challenge expectations, take risks and collaborate with those around you