This is a great opportunity for someone at the start of their career, looking to find a role that will help them develop and hone their skills among similar and distinguished colleagues.
To thrive in this role, you are excited about data and motivated to learn new technologies. You are comfortable collaborating with engineers from other teams, product owners, business teams, and data analysts and data scientists.
You are eager to resolve upstream data issues at the source instead of applying workarounds. You analyse and test changes to our data architecture and processes, and determine the possible downstream effects and potential impacts to data consumers.
In addition to your strong technical capability you will be a proven team player, independent thinker and have a collaborative attitude towards your work and colleagues.
What you will bring...
- Exposure to distributed big data stacks e.g. Spark, PySpark, Kafka, Hive, Flume, Hue & Sqoop.
- Ability to write any app language (C#, Java, etc..) and/or any scripting language (Python, groovy).
- An understanding and/or experience developing data analytics platforms like SAS, SPSS, Tableau, etc.
- Able to work with different data types e.g. streaming, real-time, file based, RDMS, unstructured data, etc.
- Experience working in cloud deployment and management (especially AWS).
- A strong understanding of CI/CD practices.
- An open mindset and proven ability to innovate and influence.
- A passion for learning (tell us about the self-learning courses and certifications you have done - Coursera, Udacity, AWS, etc.)
What's in it for you?
This is a fast growing organisation with lots of career opportunities and the ability to earn an excellent package.
To learn more and have access to a more complete job description listing the full responsibilities, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.