A leading financial institution is looking for the expert skills of an experienced software engineer with experience in KDB/Q/KDB+ to join their high performing team for an exciting new project.
What you'll be doing:
An outstanding new opportunity has become available for an experienced developer within the markets electronic trading team. Working in a dynamic and collegiate trading room environment, the role focuses on building out connectivity to market venues and expanding the market making and algorithmic trading capabilities of the platform.
What you'll need:
- Develop and maintain high coding standards in Java to an expert level. Knowledge of Python, Q (kdb) and R also beneficial
- Understand the functional and non-functional requirements of building and running systems in an electronic trading environment
- Exhibit a disciplined and collaborative approach to software development, evidenced by flexible, maintainable, peer reviewed code
- A detailed understanding of market data and order protocols e.g. FIX/ITCH/OUCH
- Networking, messaging architecture (TCP, UDP unicast/multicast, reliable, guaranteed)
- Unix systems (Redhat)
- Building highly performance, reliable systems in a high throughput low latency environment using core Java (Data Structures, Concurrency, Memory Allocation, GC, OOP)
A fantastic and challenging opportunity to work for a market leading financial institution in the Melbourne CBD in a fast paced front office environment.
Please APPLY NOW or call Will McGreal on 03 8637 7304 for more info