My client has established a digital business offshoot, their Digital Transformation Unit (DTU), with the goal of developing digital solutions for the global supply chain and a strong rationale to be a first-mover in digital supply chain. These solutions are expected to use advanced systems technologies and harness big-data and analytics. This digital offshoot is being built in the shape of an "internal start-up" with the responsibility of digitally transforming the entire organisation from the inside out.
You will be the senior-most, day-to-day technical staff member in the DTU, responsible for oversight of the architecture of the DTU’s technical solutions, developing the emerging employee groups and the implementation team of the DTU. You will also be responsible for the technical organisation of the vendors and for ensuring the quality, integrity and performance of the DTU’s technical platform, infrastructure and processes.
The position leads and is accountable for the following:
- Maintaining the enterprise and solution architecture for the DTU platform and DTU applications, setting technical standards and communicating these standards.
- Providing guidance to the DTU leadership team on required technical investment for desired business capabilities.
- Develop and manage the system operations team to maintain the DTU technical environments, ensuring availability, performance and security. Ensure that all system operations functions, such as those defined in ITIL, are defined and managed. Be responsible for system operations SLAs.
- Provide budget estimates for technical investments to feed the budgeting process and PMO processes Role requirements
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in technology management, preferably as a CTO or CIO
- Proven track record in Enterprise Architecture and building Enterprise Solutions
- Experience working at the executive level, providing clear guidance to business executives such as CEO and group presidents
- Experience leading geographically diverse teams
- Strong experience in leading Agile development projects
- Experience in retail and/or global brands will be an advantage
- Knowledge and relationships in current virtual product development technologies (3D Design, Virtual Line Plan, Rendering, Showrooming) will also be a bonus
- Excellent communication skills in English with Cantonese and/or Mandarin a bonus