Great opportunity to work for, a growing and profitable financial institution based in Melbourne's CBD. This company has a large global presence with offices in Europe, US and Asia Pacific and provides services for the worlds top investment management, wealth management, banking and insurance firms.
This role will involve working closely with clients, providing expert level remote management, administration and support for client production and solutions including:
- Client assistance in optimal use of the system
- User administration/privileges
- Parameter configuration changes
- System availability
- Application and database performance tuning
- Daily operational processing monitoring and support
- Database software patches
- Version upgrades
- Assistance with problem support and resolution
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery assistance
- Working with colleagues to smoothly transition new clients to production operation.
- Working with vendors as partners to deliver a tightly integrated, seamless service to clients.
- Participation in the development and on-going refinement, enhancement and continuous process improvement for the services.
- Participation in the investigation, implementation, and operation of 3rd party tools to enhance/improve, automate, and streamline the delivery of the services.
- The role will involve periodic out of hours support
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ relevant industry experience.
- Experience with Financial Services Investment Management, Trading or related systems highly desirable
- Proven ability to partner with various internal departments to deliver superior customer service.
- Experience in MS SQL Server, Oracle, and/or Sybase database configuration, operations, and basic administration functions.
- Any experience with the following is preferred: servers, operating systems, networks, scripting, XML, programming languages, job scheduling software, system monitoring software and disaster recovery/business continuity.
- Excellent customer service skills, technical troubleshooting skills, and interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- A background in portfolio management and trading system applications is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or analytical discipline such as Computer Science, IT, Financial Engineering, Engineering, Science, Economics, Math’s or Statistics preferred.
If you are interested in this role and have all of the above qualifications and requirements please email me firstname.lastname@example.org call 0280474031 0449995476