Our Client is providing specialty reinsurance products and programs to assist insurers manage their exposure across broad number of areas, including property, marine cargo/hull, construction, motor, personal accident and medical. Operating in the Pacific region, they currently do business throughout the South Pacific and are continually reviewing new countries and regions in which to operate, with a particular focus on the Asian markets.
They are known for transactional excellence working closely with the markets and clients to provide innovative solutions, tailored to customer requirements.
About the opportunity:
With big growth plans and a stable local economy, our client has an exciting opportunity for a Managing Director to lead their operations, based in Port Moresby, PNG.
Accountable to the Board and Chairman, the Managing Director will be primarily responsible for growing the business, through product development, new business development and growth into other global markets, with a particular focus on Asia.
Your key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Reinsurance underwriting (treaty and facultative) and claims management;
- Investigating new opportunities for product growth;
- Accounting and financial reporting management, including statutory compliance and Board management and reporting;
- Technical analysis, catastrophe modelling and retrocession placement;
- Managing ongoing staff training and development programs across 3 key areas - core competency and professional and technical development; and
- Providing corporate governance for the organisation including acting as the Company Secretary
To be successful in this position you must have,
- A Tertiary education in Business Management, Economics or Commerce;
- ANZIF Fellow or Senior Associate Membership with Certified Insurance Professional Status or equivalent
- Extensive experience in a hands on reinsurance position at a senior/executive management level.
- You must have worked for a reinsurer or as a Reinsurance Broker.
What is offered?
This is a pivotal, career defining opportunity for a dedicated person to lead an organisation's growth into new markets. You will enjoy working as part of a friendly and knowledgeable team, with modern offices looking over the beautiful Port Moresby harbour and Yacht Club.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with an excellent salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, plus a generous range of expat benefits including:
- Modern, secure accommodation;
- Company vehicle;
- Paid school fees for people with children;
- Return airfare from point of hire;
- Health and EVAC insurance; and
- Superannuation benefits.
Don't miss out this chance to bring your skills and knowledge to a global opportunity.
Connect with Raj on +61 411 629 814 for a confidential discussion or submit your CV to email@example.com
Georgina Parker EA licence: 07C3147, CEI KAH: R1107415