- Build technical solution in projects co-ordinating the technical efforts of technical team members both internal and external
- Providing overall solution ownership and support throughout project implementation phase
- Automation into Big Data delivery and promote DevOps practices
What you’ll be doing…
- Work with Business customers and/or Business Analyst(s) to analyse business processes, procedures and user requirements in-order to establish system requirements
- Develop solutions and specifications so that agreed requirements can be converted into functional systems.
- Undertake unit/system testing activities in relation to software solutions ensuring that quality meets agreed specifications/requirements
- Achieve key milestone stages in terms of quantity, timing and quality of all aspects of work allocated
- Create development and support documentation and provide advice regarding applications to enable support functions to operate effectively
- Resolve production incidents (through diagnosis, testing & applying fix) for assigned application/s
What you will bring...
- 7 plus years of IT experience
- 6 plus years of strong hands-on experience on Informatica Products (Big Data Management, PowerCenter, Enterprise Data Catalog, Data Quality and Axon)
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts and ETL tools
- Experience with Java, Python, UNIX and shell script programming
- Experience with various transformations, dynamic mappings and optimization of Informatica mappings, workflows for high volume data
- Experience with a leading Hadoop distribution system such as EMR or Hortonworks or Cloudera (EMR is preferable)
- Ability to debug issues by looking at appropriate logs and resolve them
- Database skills in at least one major RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, Teradata) and exposure to many
- Understanding of data modeling, physical schema properties, triggers, and stored procedures
- Experience with development of logical and physical database schemas, stored procedures, interfaces (in Java or XML), and extensions to customer solutions
- Experience developing conceptual and physical solution architectures for solutions incorporating heterogeneous applications, technologies and platforms
- Actively work alone or with a team to design, develop, test and provide support to solutions for projects
- Professional data integration and warehousing experience, preferably with a large systems integration firm or for an enterprise software services arm
- Experience designing and deploying in a Services Oriented Architecture and/or an Events Driven Architecture
- Good understanding of Web services standards and REST via Informatica
- Knowledge of Production Support & Documentation
- A good working relationship with key technical teams
- Agile Development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Eager and willing to learn new technologies
What's in it for you?
This is a fast growing organisation with lots of career opportunities and the ability to earn an excellent package.
To learn more and have access to a more complete job description listing the full responsibilities, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.