Xpand is looking to hire an Operations Engineer to work on technology client's data center projects. In this role you will provide support for the ongoing operations in our data centers. You will replace parts, run cable, populate and depopulate racks, swap tapes and other various manual operations related tasks. You will also work as a member of a larger, coordinated team troubleshooting and repairing server and networking hardware using the Linux operating system.
This is a 3 months contract in Singapore
- Configure and troubleshoot Linux OS-related issues, replacing hardware using hand and/or power tools when necessary. Assemble/disassemble and populate/depopulate equipment racks.
- Install and troubleshoot switches, routers, and other networking gear.
- Run, install, and troubleshoot ethernet and fiber optic connections per defined process.
- Operate barcode scanners and associated software tools.
- Follow detailed instructions and perform other tasks as directed.
- In lieu of education, 2 years of relevant experience.
- 3 years of general work experience in a technical field.
- Speak and write English fluently and idiomatically.
- Strength: Medium to heavy materials handling e.g. lifting, pushing/pulling, etc.
- Must be able to exert muscle force to lift at least 50 lbs (23 kg).
- LPIC-1 Certification or 2 years practical Unix/Linux experience
- Familiarity with PC Hardware, networking equipment, and related troubleshooting including layer 2-3 switches and cabling.
- Must be able to exert yourself physically, including manual dexterity, frequent bending, kneeling, and climbing in a physically demanding work environment.
- Must possess a positive attitude and be able work well in a team oriented environment.
- Must possess a positive attitude and be be able to work well within a team oriented environment.
Interested candidates can send their CV to Koeschnake Maceda at firstname.lastname@example.org CEI No. R1548053 License No. 07C3147