Great opportunity to work for a growing and profitable financial institute based in Melbourne's CBD. This company has a large global presence with offices in Europe, US and Asia Pacific and provides services for the worlds top investment management, wealth management, banking and insurance firms.
The Product Specialist position ensures that our clients are making the most of their products especially in the areas of system configuration, database administration, batch processing, performance tuning, reviewing efficiency of SQL queries, reviewing systems set up and architecture at client installations, and being proficient in areas of system integration testing with external third party vendors.
- Prior Technical Support Experience
- Proficient in performance tuning, log shipping etc. on MS SQL Server
- Familiarity with batch processing - database imports, exports
- Knowledge of UNIX, MS SQL Server, crystal reports
- Exposure/understanding of Apache/Tomcat and N-tier application architecture, Pearl/Shell scripting.
- Strong Analytical/Technical Skills to analyze problems and provide solutions.
- Proficiency in programming (.Net/Java) and experience in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Significant investment management / business knowledge & industry experience.
- Understanding and experience in one or more of the following: Trade order & execution management systems, Portfolio management, Investment compliance systems (pre trade and post trade) and Post trade matching systems (eg: OMGEO).
- Understanding and experience working on one or more of the following asset classes: Equities, Fixed income, FX, OTC and Exchange traded derivatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science