As the Production Support Manager you will be responsible for multiple support teams, accountable for the day-to-day management of the team’s activities, BAU maintenance, problem resolution and deployment. The portfolio of applications includes Ledgers, Customer File, Statements and 30 more. The role is also responsible for the technical recovery of service during major incidents and governance of the managed services provider contract and resources.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the support team’s activities, which primarily focus on the key ITIL process, such as incident management, problem management & service management.
- Collaboratively drive maintenance and service improvements to the 35 assets which Account Management are responsible for, including acceleration of Mainframe DevOps.
- Lead, develop and motivate team members through sharing and exhibiting best practices, coaching, mentoring, performance management and development planning.
- Manage and role model the support team’s incident response including proactive communication of progress and expectation management.
- Manage relationships outside of Account Management with stakeholders and other support teams.
- Manage the support team’s involvement in change management process to ensure supportability and change quality is incorporated into our software development changes.
- Actively review and analyse data to ensure quality and provide insights into the performance and capacity of our systems
- Governance of, and collaboration with, managed service provider teams as it relates to the production environment
- Take the lead for Business Continuity across critical services delivered, ensuring Disaster Recovery plans are maintained and regularly exercised
- Role model mature risk practices – operating and applying risk controls applicable to the teams activities
- Proven Technology leadership experience and exposure to a support area in a complex environment
- Significant experience in managing technologies, associated risks and working in partnership with external suppliers
- Advanced skills with key mainframe technologies: COBOL, JCL, Easytrieve, CICS, IMS, Endevor, Remedy, ITIL, z/OS, OPC/A, Websphere MQ, DB2
- Experience in software development
- ITIL certified
- Tertiary qualifications in computer science or related discipline
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills
- Strong commercial and business acumen