Our client, a leading international IBank is seeking a VP - IT Project Management (Back Office), to join their organisation on a contract starting ASAP. The project is working in the back of compliance, and a robust understating o compliance workflow is essential.
About the role:
- The role will be a project engagement related to Compliance, specifically on the areas of the control room, Chinese walls, and control related surveillance
- The candidate is expected to maintain a solid knowledge base of the functional capabilities of and is a Subject Matter Expert on the various areas and products.
- Assists the IT manager and the business requirement owner in leading, directing, and reviewing all activities associated with delivering technology products.
- Responsible for product quality, project timeliness, and customer satisfaction.
- Interfaces with clients to define and document requirements for a named set of custom developed or vendor software products. Creates documentation including requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, feature description PowerPoint decks, user guides, process flows, wireframes, and newsletters.
- Identifies business trends utilising real data, compiles analysis reports that are delivered to developers and then follows-up on all results
- Responsible for conducting Design Thinking sessions to gain insights into end user and customer needs, Manages the Product Backlog for a Product, working with stakeholders to prioritise requirements, define and manage scope and sprints for a project.
- Possesses an overall understanding of appropriate business processes and workflows.
- Engages business owners and other IT resources to respond to requests for new applications and/or enhancements.
- Leads and is responsible for Testing and QA activities within the project lifecycle. Works with QA resources to develop and execute Test Plans, Test Scripts and all other deliverables and events related to Quality Assurance of the Products.
- Provides feedback to QA resources
- Works with the stakeholders and users to plan and execute User Acceptance Testing.
- Participates in reviews of plans associated with project execution.
- Responds proactively to both business and project issues and escalates appropriately
- Detailed analytical abilities
- Substantial experience in user testing and project management
- As project coverage is global, video conference or conference calls may occur in the evening hours in Asia.
- Some overseas travel may be required.
- Our client is seeking a proven Technology Project Manager
- Strong understanding of the compliance workflow (back office)
- Experience in Financial Services / Banking or IBank is essential
- Ten years plus experience
- Able to work cross-culturally
- Fluent English communications skills are essential
Are you excited by Technology project work in IBanks? Do you love the compliance side of the work and want to deliver critical systems? If so, this is an excellent opportunity for you.