We are working with an industry leading Australian business who are looking for an architect with Conceptual Data Architecture, elaboration of Enterprise Data Principles for use on the ERP and Loyalty Programmes, definition or evolution of best practice Data Systems Architecture, and analysis of high level business requirements to propose data solutions that deliver the desired business outcome and are compatible with the enterprise ICT architecture (covering people, organisation, service, process, data, information, technology and the external environment). Working for both Retail ERP and Loyalty projects.
- Define data structures and attributes for Retail Master Data
- Create data inventory and define data models for retail
- Define Data Flows
- Data Modelling & database design and optimisation
- Data Storage and Accessibility
- Data Governance / Legals
- Input into data visualisation and reports
- Set standards for data management
- Strong retail experience in data architecting and data cleansing and translation
- Proven expertise in the development of data architectures and data models for complex systems.
- Proven expertise in applying data architecture principles, practices and processes within enterprise architecture, ICT investment and governance frameworks.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities to identify, analyse and resolve technology challenges.
- Proven expertise in the use of project management methodologies
- Knowledge of business strategies, operations, key drivers and the external environment for the assigned area of focus.
- Retail Experience is a Must.
- Well-developed organisational skills and the capacity to be flexible in balancing priorities to meet/exceed customer needs.
- Shows flexibility and a desire to learn.
- Capability to confidently suggest data structures and architectures based on facts and industry best practice for Retail
- Good communicator and the ability to facilitate discussions and workshops with end users, key stakeholders and senior management.
- Ability to construct arguments, to challenge positively and constructively, and to distinguish requests from underlying needs.
- Excellent analytical and research skills, with the ability to collect and analyse complex material and data, and present in accessible form.
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, and to abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding.
- Ability to express concepts, terminologies, and highly technical content in a clear and concise manner.
If this sounds like a role that would be of interest to you please get in contact with John McHaffie on email@example.com