You are somebody who has come from a quantitative background, with exemplary excel and modelling skills, and have a proven track record as a leader in this space. In return, this challenging and rewarding role will provide you with the opportunity to lead a team of talented and motivated individuals and make carefully considered and executed contributions that will ultimately uplift governance.
What you’ll be doing…
- Manage a team of reviewers ((Senior) Associates & Associate Directors)
- Lead prioritisation of reviews across the team
- Maintain overview of external / regulatory environment relating to models
- Guide methodologies and standards for the area’s work
- Support of broader team's (Monitoring & Validation / Risk, Data & Analytics) priorities
- Be the key contact for model reviews
- Represent the team in meetings, forums and committees
What you will bring...
- Hold a graduate degree (preferably Masters or PhD) in a quantitative field such as Financial Engineering, Applied Finance / Statistics / Mathematics, Computational Finance, Actuarial Studies
- A strong quantitative background with computer literacy is essential, including Excel/Access/VB skills (Understanding of or practical experience with Python, R, SAS or similar coding packages is advantageous)
- Knowledge of, interest in and experience with quantitative modelling in a variety of fields, such as Credit Risk, Traded and/or Non-Traded Market Risk and/or Financial Modelling.
- Familiarity with quantitative modelling concepts
- People leadership and ability to organise workflow
- Strong report writing / data presentation skills
What's in it for you?
This is a fast growing organisation with lots of career opportunities and the ability to earn an excellent package.
To learn more and have access to a more complete job description listing the full responsibilities, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.