Our client is a leader in its field, with a reputation not just for their quality products and continuous innovative digital solutions, but also as an employer of choice attracting talented professionals driven by strong leadership and a fun and ever changing working environment!
Their main purpose is to create a greater understanding of each customer and prospect and to Sales develop the narrative that will used by our Sales Business. They will be the first face to face contact for all new business.
- Working as part of the GTM team help define the strategic direction of the client in the Enterprise context.
- In the relevant market help design the event strategy and be the owner of the event activation.
- Working with the GTM manager and other Sales Engineers, develop the Social Media Strategy and run point on execution, to engage our Enterprise market.
- Conduct deep background research on the prospect, and ensure the sales team fully understand where Connect will add benefit before presenting the solution.
- Sales Engineers take the lead in working with prospective customers to demonstrate the Connect solution, and working as part of a team build a business case to support the investment required for the prospect.
- Working with Sales Executives, who lead the sales process, Sales Engineers from relationships with digital marketing leaders, operational teams and IT of the prospect.
- After initially helping the customer understand the Connect proposition, they work collaboratively with the customer to identify the specific benefits that we will bring to their business.
- Sales Engineers also represent the brand and products at marketing events and seminars, speaking about location marketing and propositions on stage, on a stand, or with interested individuals who attended.
- Where relevant, Sales Engineers also work with the client partners who resell connect, to help educate them on how best to position, demonstrate, and talk about our solution.
- Sales Engineers also work the Go to Market team to develop relevant campaigns to position Connect in the market, and to generate leads for Sales teams to follow up.
- Works with the Account Management team to help them create reporting and continue to show the benefit of Connect and uplift in key metrics for the customer.
- Where relevant they will lead a junior marketing FTE and provide the right amount of guidance and leadership in order develop the overall GTM team.
- You have a strong understanding of digital marketing, SEO, and SEM, developed via roles working on developing digital strategies for a brand in-house, or at an agency, or whilst working as a supplier of other digital marketing technologies.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience in one or more of these types of organisation.
- You are comfortable presenting to up to a C-Level audience, as an expert on your topic, and engaging in debate about the merits of different digital marketing strategies.
- Due to their business model knowledge they can guide the customers’ business strategy, and digital marketing initiatives, in order to help the customer build a business case justifying their investment in our solutions.
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills, and are confident and passionate when explaining concepts and ideas to customers.
- You are a team player who positively enjoys succeeding in a team environment.
- You are self-motivated and able to work autonomously to find solutions to complex problems.
- Whilst not needing to be a technical expert, you have a solid understanding of technology and how SaaS solutions like Connect are designed, delivered and supported.
- You have experience of a sales environment, ideally in a software company, but experience of working to sell to clients in an agency or equivalent environment is acceptable.
- Previous experience of as a Digital Marketing Professional/Solutions Engineer/Sales Engineer/Pre-Sales Consultant for a software company is an advantage.
- Develop a deep understanding of all prospects assigned to them.
- You are able to assist in closing x% of all prospects they present to
- You keep in constant contact with the relevant prospect staff and ensure all questions are answered before getting into the room.
- All material developed in research meets the standards set out by the Brand team.
- You ‘own’ their part of the business and are considered a leader by their peers.
WHAT you'll need:
You will have a strong commercial aptitude, extensive experience and notable success in digital sales/strategic partnership roles within a digital, media and/or an advertising company. You will have strong stakeholder management and the ability to build longstanding relationships. Ideally we are looking for someone with B2B experience in a commercial. Whether you come from a start-up or a large organisation, as long as you understand the voice of the customer and are experienced - We want you!
WHY you'll want it:
On offer is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation in a small team that is fast evolving and is an area of focus for their business. You will be a part of a fun and upbeat team that sits within the Digital Marketing and Sales and Operations teams, having the opportunity to step up and use your creativity to create better products and experiences for consumers.