Our client is seeking a strong senior Scrum Master leveraging Agile methodologies and thinking across business and technology initiatives while providing the necessary coaching and guidance to leadership.
The person filling this role will be instrumental in ensuring that all projects meet the expectations and needs of our business partners and employees.
This role ensures that Agile concepts and principles are adhered to by all project teams to ensure the appropriate performance and return on investment for the methodology.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of medium to large scale through all sprints/iterations and phases of the project
- Organize and facilitate sprint planning and release planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and other agile related events
- Track and communicate team metrics and sprint/release progress to all teams and management
- In partnership with the product owner, agile coaches, scrum teams on user story sizing and acceptance criteria definition, facilitates the definition of minimal viable product, and leads continuous refinement and prioritization of the product backlog
- Ensure the development teams are embracing and practicing core agile principles
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on product and sprint backlogs
- Assist with internal and external communication
- Provide direction to project activities to ensure successful implementation and support
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters experimentation, creativity and innovation
- Provide strategic thinking and tactical execution
- Ability to communicate, influence and partner effectively using strong verbal and written communication
- Proficiency with JIRA and PowerPoint
- Experience in managing multiple information systems projects
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of successfully managing large, complex Agile teams in a results-driven environment
- Thorough understanding of enterprise software development processes and lifecycle
- Strong Technical background and familiar with IT terminology
- Ability to adjust and apply technical knowledge in a dynamic environment using Agile development principles
- Proven experience building strong working relationships and working successfully in cross-functional teams
- Ability to quickly understand the scope of the project and identify key success and risk factors
- Exceptional verbal, written and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Visio, SharePoint nd PowerPoint) and system documentation tools
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) required
If you believe this role is for you, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Chris Fresi for a confidential discussion on 0426 834 545 or 03 8637 7308.