There are multiple roles available here on a fixed-term basis for 6 months, with permanent placements offered for stand-out individuals.
Ideally you will have prior, related experience, but this is not essential and could be a great opportunity for an analyst to gain specialised experience.
The role of Senior Analyst, Detection Development sits within the Financial Crime Services team, and requires strong analytical experience, the ability to liaise with stakeholders and influence a positive outcome, and the motivation to mentor junior team members.
The Financial Crime Services team provides anti-fraud & anti-money laundering support, sanction and investigation services, security, and threat intelligence. As a Senior Analyst, Detection Development, you will help develop detection strategies for fraud and criminal activity across critical functions and services.
What you’ll be doing…
- Optimise financial crime detection system performance through analytical research and strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Research, assess and analyse the changes in product and channel financial crime portfolios and provide strategic solution options and recommendations
- Lead & support delivery of anti-crime analytics services, particularly through a strong technical analytical capability and an understanding of the risk environment;
- Manage day to day operational concerns relating to performance, capability control, service quality and customer & colleague engagement;
What you will bring...
To succeed in this role, you must be able to work in a fast-paced, at times ambiguous and complex environment and have:
- Experience in Fraud Detection on transactional activity, preferably in Digital Fraud
- Customer driven commercial approach to business
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with a focus on results
- Entrepreneurial, ‘thinks outside the square’ yet practical in approach
- Successful service delivery experience in the banking/ financial services industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with multiple teams
- Significant exposure to database and application programming (SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle, SAS, Business Objects, and any major programming language)
- Experience with repositories and production systems such transactional systems (GCS, Connex, B2K), terradata and the Global Data Warehouse will be desirable
- Degree qualifications in Commerce or a relevant technical discipline will be well regarded
What's in it for you?
This is a fast growing organisation with lots of career opportunities and the ability to earn an excellent package.
To learn more and have access to a more complete job description listing the full responsibilities, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.