You will be designing, developing and maintaining the Mobile app and simultaneously improving Mobile Website application, as well as mentoring less senior team members. You will work closely with solution designers, business analysts, delivery leads and testers in an Agile environment to create great applications. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years in an Android Development role, and demonstrable ability to build robust, secure and maintainable Android applications.
- Working with business analysts / UI designers to ensure requirements are clear as well as offering technical input into the requirements process
- Working with solution designers to provide mobile team input into the solution design
- Designing and coding of Android applications
- Training Junior developer best practices and mentoring
- Working with the test team to ensure applications are robust
- Continuous innovation in development practices, team processes and mobile design
- Presenting to internal colleagues/stakeholders and external meet-ups/conferences
- Experience across full software development lifecycle: Analysis, Development, Testing, Configuration Management, Deployment and Release.
- Agile Software Development and Management methods and ability to excel within a fast paced environment
- A solid technical background in Android programming using Android Studio.
- Interfacing with JSON APIs
- Experience working with diverse teams from Development, Testing, Operations, Security, Architecture, Infrastructure to Business & Management.
- Continuous Integration & Delivery practices and tools. (Jenkins)
- Good understanding of Quality Control and Test Automation in Agile-based Continuous Integration environments.
- Experience with latest development methodologies
- Build Management tools (Gradle)
- Development experience using source systems (Git, SVN)
- Writing automated unit tests (Junit/Roboelectric/Espresso)
- Release & Configuration Management practices such as parallel development (tagging, branching, etc.), managing versions and third party libraries
- Experience with Repository Managers (Artifactory)
- Knowledge of code quality analysis tools (coverage, duplication, complexity, dependency analysis and standards)
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian / New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency status in Australia.