This Senior App Support role is working within the foreign exchange group supporting their core trading platforms.
The Corporate & Institutional Banking division is making significant on-going investment in its FX systems. This includes the institutional trading platform and their corporate and retail distribution platform. The architecture comprises a mix of vendor (off-the-shelf) and in-house systems, with an increasing focus on internal build using Java and open source technologies. The infrastructure footprint covers multiple data centres in the UK, US, and Australia, including the banks hosting in AWS.
The FX technology team operates across Melbourne, Sydney and London and has end-to-end ownership of the software development process. We apply Agile SDLC practices, with frequent incremental deliveries to production, and achieve a high degree of automated test coverage. The team comprises business analysts, developers and testers all working together to deliver each sprint.
What you'll be doing:
- Investigate issues as and when they occur, participate in root cause analysis, and suggest and implement resolutions in a timely manner to prevent future occurrences of similar issues through incident and problem management best practices.
- Complete the necessary documentation to track and close support tickets and be on top of status updates to business users and management
- Drive continuous improvement opportunities i.e. event monitoring and alerting, automate the manual activities whenever possible, etc.
- Collaborate with business partners, third party vendors, and technology groups to facilitate the support process and work toward issue resolution.
- Work closely with project teams, provide the suggestion, support and assist with software releases and roll-outs in production environment, as needed, according to Change Management best practices.
- Escalate of requests / incidents to the Production Support Manager as appropriate.
- Participate in the on-call production support duty rotation after hours and at weekends
- Development background with 5 or more years of experience
- In-depth experience and understanding of JAVA, C# & .NET
- Strong understanding of multiple OS environments (Linux, Windows)
- Strong understanding and experience of DB environments and queries (Oracle, Sybase, Postgres, SQL Server).
- Strong problem solving skills and experienced in providing support in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with shell scripting, network and middleware
- Ability to automate any manual tasks
- Domain experience is essential for this role.
A fantastic and challenging opportunity to work for a market leading financial institution in the Melbourne CBD on a permanent basis as part of a new and growing team.
Please APPLY NOW or call Will McGreal on 03 8637 7304 for more info