The Murex Asset Technology team is expanding and have an opportunity for a Senior Support Engineer to join the Murex Technology Team in Melbourne, and play a key role strategically as they continue to enhance the Murex platform for business. Working as part of a cross disciplined group with team members located in Melbourne, Sydney, London and New York, you will be responsible for the ongoing development, delivery and maintenance of the Banks Murex Risk Management platform for FX, FX Options and Commodities.
What you'll be doing:
- Investigate issues as and when they occur, participate in root cause analysis, and suggest and implement resolutions in a timely manner to prevent future occurrences of similar issues through incident and problem management best practices.
- Complete the necessary documentation to track and close support tickets and be on top of status updates to business users and management
- Drive continuous improvement opportunities i.e. event monitoring and alerting, automate the manual activities whenever possible, etc.
- Collaborate with business partners, third party vendors, and technology groups to facilitate the support process and work toward issue resolution.
- Work closely with project teams, provide the suggestion, support and assist with software releases and roll-outs in production environment, as needed, according to Change Management best practices.
- Escalate of requests / incidents to the Production Support Manager as appropriate.
- Participate in the on-call production support duty rotation after hours and at weekends
- Development background with 5 or more years of experience
- In-depth experience and understanding of JAVA, C# & .NET
- Strong understanding of multiple OS environments (Linux, Windows)
- Strong understanding and experience of DB environments and queries (Oracle, Sybase, Postgres, SQL Server).
- Strong problem solving skills and experienced in providing support in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with shell scripting, network and middleware
- Ability to automate any manual tasks
A fantastic and challenging opportunity to work for a market leading financial institution in the Melbourne CBD on a permanent basis as part of a new and growing team.
Please APPLY NOW or call Will McGreal on 03 8637 7304 for more info