This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Consultant in Solution Design, working with an iconic and well respected financial services company. This is a high performing team, working on numerous, high profile digital projects. You will ideally come from a development background and have experience in either java or mobile development before moving into solution design/architecture.
We're looking for the ideas that are going to change the way people think about banking. And when we find them, our Digital teams are ready to turn them into something great. So as part of the Architecture & Design team, you'll be overseeing these projects from beginning to end - making sure that everything runs smoothly.
It'll be your job to know the ins and outs of each design, and each stage of development, so you can:
- Ask the right questions to keep things moving forward
- Spot potential design gaps and risks (and assess their impact)
- Deliver solutions across a range of technologies and platforms
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with different areas of the business - from stakeholders and Project Managers to Technical Services and Asset Specialists
- Lead workshops and create agendas that have clear outcomes
- Keep records and help maintain a central knowledge repository with details about models, patterns, guidelines and standards and project delivereables
- Take care of the non-functional side of it all - things like security, capacity, performance, cross-capacity and cross-release
- Make significant design decisions - and recognize when changes need to be made.
- Ability to socialize and get acceptance on suggested solutions and bold enough to question approach if they do not feet strategic direction
- Operational understanding of IT environments is desirable
- review and understand software code
Key selection criteria:
We're after someone who's ready to jump right in and take the lead. Someone who'll confidently identify issues and isn't afraid to make big decisions. You need be comfortable working in complex technical situations, and courageous in your approach to problem solving.
You'll be part of an Agile digital team - so you need to be ready to think fast, challenge expectations, take risks and collaborate with those around you.
• Good problem solving and analysis skills.
• It's critical that they have strong communication skills - will be able to talk technical details clearly with the technical resources, as well as business SME's and BA's who cannot talk technically. They also need to know how to describe complex scenarios on a whiteboard.
• Highly engaged & self-motivated - enjoys a challenge, and is proactive in their work.
• They need at least 5 years' experience in a technology role, and an IT/Comp. Sci/Soft. Eng. etc. degree.
• Show they're ready for the next step and are interested/capable of eventually having a role in Architecture.
• Development background (JAVA, SQL / or IOS/Android). An operational understanding of IT environments is also desirable.
Please APPLY NOW or call Will McGreal on 03 8637 7304 for more info.