Our client’s Experience Design team is one of the biggest and best in Australia, with over 120 CX, UX and UI practitioners working across the enterprise. The team supports a wide variety of projects, journeys, and experiments, across digital design, spatial design, and service design.
The mature design team values innovation, customer research, high quality work and emerging technologies. Their passion is about creating value and exceeding customers' expectations which means constantly striving to redefine their standards of excellence.
The company offer a range of impressive employee perks and benefits and are committed to creating a great work culture with ongoing training and support. This client also embraces diversity of thought, style and working arrangement to ensure the workforce is representative of the community that it services.
We are looking for a seasoned experience designer, familiar with finding and carrying key customer insights throughout the design process. You are passionate about solving problems and take pride and accountability in your work. As a natural team player, you thrive in a fast paced environment and have a relentless focus on creating great experiences for customers. You play effortlessly in the ambiguous space between strategy and delivery and enjoy the autonomy of leading initiatives from idea to concept.
You are also a ‘through the line’ designer capable to uncover research insight and carry that through to solution design. You are commercially astute and aware of how to present value in both a commercial and customer lens. Importantly, your working business knowledge of your project, customers and the business side stakeholder relationships is 1st class!
To thrive here you will always design with the customer in mind, using HCD thinking to solve problems. Collaborating with a diverse team of subject matter experts and skillsets, you will frame problems and articulate customer needs, behaviours and insights.
Through research, you will create customer-centred solutions that align with business outcomes and adhere to technical constraints. You will be skilled with a range of research methods, improvisational techniques and storytelling to gain support and effect change.
This is a Senior level position. You will have worked in a similar capacity as a specialist and will have the necessary experience to understand, influence and advise internal and/or external clients.
Experience in another large organisation will have well prepared you for the role. You will be comfortable working within clearly defined policies, principles and specific objectives. A natural people leader, you will inspire, coach and mentor more junior team members.
- Plan and conduct customer research to understand customer needs, attitudes, motivations and behaviours
- Confidently articulate the key customer insights and recommendations to stakeholders of all levels to meet customer and employee needs
- Lead and facilitate the ideation, prioritisation and shaping of end-to-end customer experience concepts across different products and services
- Plan and execute testing and validation of initiatives and concepts, leading the iterations of continuous improvement in the shaping process
- Help in developing and inspiring r team members to understand design and produce great results
- Strong working knowledge of the design process, Experience Design methodologies and principles
- Excellent communication and presenting skills and ability to influence outcomes
- Business acumen, able to acknowledge the importance of commercial viability, using this as a tool to demonstrate value in your initiatives and ideas
- A deep and varied design toolkit, with experience in articulating customer needs, strategy and experience visually (e.g. journey maps, personas, service blueprints etc.)
- Experience of playing and operating in a lean and agile environment
Ability to make decisions based on strategic priority, comfortable operating in ambiguity