You will support the data science team in statistically validating models and working on frameworks around how we do this at scale.
In this role you will work within cross functional teams conducting experiments using advanced analytics and machine learning techniques to discover actionable insights or build new analytic capabilities for our customers and business.
What you’ll be doing…
- Developing dashboards to demonstrate key outcomes of experiments.
- Support the structuring of data and data discovery phases of analytics experiments.
- Develop automation scripts to automate the scaling out of analytic solutions to the enterprise.
- Eliciting requirements from stakeholders to transform business problems into data driven solutions
- Present insights and learning in a clear way to our executives
- Support the delivery of our strategic agenda
What you will bring...
- Bachelors/Post Graduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Psychology or other related fields of study
- A background in statistical analysis and modelling techniques over large data sets, with an understanding of data science and machine learning models
- You're comfortable developing code and performing analysis using common tools such as R / Python /SQL
- Ability to develop appropriate visualisations from scratch and work closely with data scientists on machine learning outputs
- The ability to explain simply how statistics works and how it applies to the particular analytics application being developed
- An openness to new ways of thinking and working
- Expertise in Statistics, Dashboard development and Machine Learning (limited requirement)
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience in one of Hadoop/MapReduce/Hive/Pig/Spark is desirable
What's in it for you?
This is a fast growing organisation with lots of career opportunities and the ability to earn an excellent package.
To learn more and have access to a more complete job description listing the full responsibilities, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.