This role is a key part of the Agile run Data Governance and Data Lake Project.
As the leading architect on the project this role will design the data flows, marts and schemas through and between multiple systems supporting reporting, analytics, and third party data exchange.
- Ability to understand drivers of the enterprise business and deliver these business outcomes by translating them into solutions for technical design and development.
- Design and champion the implementation of Metadata, Master data management and activation layers for use in customer intelligence systems.
- Provide key input to drive solution design of logical data models for Business Access Layers in line with our Conceptual Data Model.
- Responsible for developing, publishing and maintaining end to end data domain architecture (baseline, transition and target) including data technology roadmap.
- Evaluate product solutions, make recommendations for implementation, support and/or lead technology selection and assessment – RFI/RFP.
- Provide architectural governance during the project delivery - technical leadership for solution designers, development teams and define application architecture standards and best practices as required.
- Drive best-practice solution design & architecture with qualities encapsulating scalability, reliability, availability, reusability, extensibility.
- Tertiary Qualification, preferably with an Information Technology major.
- Strong experience as a Data Solution Architect (design and implementation) or senior technical role specialising in Data within a large IT project delivery environment
- Deep knowledge and experience in applying data warehousing
- Experience with AWS, Cloudera, Hadoop, SQL and Spark technologies including but not limited to S3, Glacier, Redshift, Scoop and EMR.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts and experience in designing and implementing logical data models.
- Positive team player with experience in working in Agile/Scrum teams.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with an ability to communicate in both technical and business language.
- Strong relationship building, negotiation and influencing skills and is fully experienced at dealing with senior business stakeholders.