What you’ll be doing…
- Designing, constructing, installing, testing and maintaining highly scalable data management systems.
- Analysing new and existing data sources to assess their applicability to address the business issue.
- Employing a variety of languages and tools to integrate systems.
- Recommending ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Collaborating with Data Scientists to determine what data is needed for analysis.
What you will bring...
- Experienced across programming languages such as Java, Python, Scala, R.
- SQL-based technologies (e.g. Redshift, PostSQL and MySQL)
- Database Architectures
- Data Warehousing solutions
- ETL scheduling and automation solutions
- Ideally you will have experience or exposure in AWS or other cloud technologies
- A disciplined approach to problem solving and an ability to critically assess a range of information to differentiate true business needs as opposed to user requests
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
What's in it for you?
This large international bank serves over 10 million customers in Australia and around the world and they are looking to add the services of a talented Senior Data Engineer to their high performing team.
To learn more and have access to a more complete job description listing the full responsibilities, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.