In this role you will work across multiple analytic experiments supporting data scientists with best practice, and ensuring that machine learning within experiments is developed in a sustainable manner and in-line with best practices.
What you’ll be doing…
- Develop, test and implement statistical and mathematical models, using a variety of rigorous techniques, across multiples business lines
- Represent the analytics hub at events presenting and demonstrating on topics such as data science best practice.
- Develop frameworks for data science best practices, and work closely with the analytic platform team to automate frameworks for scalability to the wider business.
- Support the team with learning and development, and help with upskilling resources in new data science techniques.
- Support, test and develop Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence capability across the enterprise
- Support bank-wide Data Science, including segmentation frameworks, lifecycle event triggers, predictive models and advanced analytics
- Present insights and learning’s in a clear way to our executives
- Leading and supporting the management of multiple analytic experiments
- Sharing knowledge and uplifting capabilities with analysts in the business
- Thought leadership in the approach to analytics at the bank
- Developing and automating data science best practices in analytics platform.
- Demonstrating value and benefit from advanced analytics to senior stakeholders
What you will bring...
- Post Graduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar industry experience
- A background in statistical analysis and modelling techniques over large data sets, with proven capability constructing, validating, and implementing models
- You're comfortable developing code and performing analysis using common tools such as R / Python
- Ability to build appropriate models from scratch and justify the methods and science used
- The ability to explain simply how complex models work, and how they can be used in the real world to achieve desired business outcomes
- An openness to new ways of thinking and working
- Predictive Modeling
- Feature Engineering
- Machine Learning
- Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Spark
- R, Python,
- NoSQL technologies (incl HBase)
- Strong SQL skills
- Micro service development
- API development
- Visualisation products
What's in it for you?
This is a fast growing organisation with lots of career opportunities and the ability to earn an excellent package.
To learn more and have access to a more complete job description listing the full responsibilities, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.