This leading consultancy is looking to hire a Senior DevOps Engineer to provide automated operational engineering/ DevOps solutions for large and/or complex projects. Provide thought leadership and inspire change to enable the development of DevOps cultures.
• Provide technical leadership and consultancy to guide environment/operation and development teams in the automation of operational processes.
• Guide engineers and configuration analysts to execute on a defined method to satisfy the customisation of all components in commercial enterprise environments.
• Design, build, document and execute automation functions including provisioning, configuration, monitoring, maintenance, and deployment of platform components into the target environment/s.
• Ensure all components are built to provide quality, security, scalability, stability, efficiency and reliability, ensuring compliance with client processes and governing standards.
• Recommend and implement DevOps practices which are sustainable and considered the best fit for the client's need.
• May provide estimates and project planning for projects.
• Manage, monitor and report on documented technical risks and issues associated with components of project/s.
• Provide expertise and technical consulting to client projects in a way that builds and maintains professional relationships.
• Deliver to agreed client expectations and project plans and ensure appropriate escalation of issues/ risks, etc.
Skills and experience:
• Experience as a Build/ Operations or DevOps Engineer focusing on bridging the gap between developers and operations for large complex clients.
• Expert in the usage of automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet and Chef.
• Understand fundamental infrastructure/operational principles and have some experience in development.
• Extensive experience installing and configuring virtualisation, cloud, network, storage, backup, DR, database and security technologies.
• Extensive experience working with and supporting Linux (eg. RHEL, SUSE, zLinux, CentOS), AIX, Solaris
• Significant experience in the application of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Experience in PaaS technologies such as: Docker, Kubernetes and Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
• Experience in scripting languages, such as: Bash, Perl, Python, Powershell.
• Experience in installing and configuring middleware and application servers such as: WebLogic, Tomcat, JBoss.
• Strong understanding of software development lifecycle in traditional and agile practices.
• In depth understanding of technology stacks that make up functioning applications (eg. Web Tier, Application Tier and Database Tier)
If you are interested in this role then please apply
This job has expired