The Company and Team
This role sits with a highly reputable, global financial institution based in the heart of Sydney CBD. The team comprises of well sought after technologists who make up the cream-of-the crop in the FX markets space in Sydney. The team is mainly involved in developing low- latency algorithmic trading capability. The role will be focussed on initiatives such as functional development, infrastructure and cloud migration initiatives.
Role and Responsibilities
- Involved in developing an understanding the infrastructure stack to efficiently and expertly manage infrastructure partners with a view for future migration to cloud.
- Responsible for diagnosing problems, applying solutions, documenting knowledge and timely escalation of issues.
- Will be involved in making improvements, enhancements and corrections to platform operation through monitoring and self-recovery automations across production and non-production environments.We are looking for a senior engineer who has prior experience developing in Java in addition to recent experience as a DevOps Engineer, with a proven background in end to end cloud builds and migrations with AWS. The candidate will have a passion for working on large data - intensive systems and problem solving of scalability.The role requires a good understanding of AWS migration, Java, monitoring tools, and messaging applications such as Kafka or RabbitMQ.
- At least 3 years’ experience working on cloud builds with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with cloud based infrastructure with a focus on RHEL Linux administration and Oracle database SQL, tuning and administration.
- Experience with GIT, Artifactory, Jenkins, scripting (shell & Perl ) /PL SQL and PowerShell scripting/ Puppet/Chef/ Ansible
- AWS Management Tools (CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Cloud Formation)
- Coding experience in Java
- Networking technologies (Route 53, CloudFront, Direct Connect, DNS, ELB)
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken as you will need to present and communicate your solutions to the business.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Engineer with AWS experience to come and join a well-established technology team. If you are looking to take your career to the next level within an exciting and cutting edge team environment, this may be your perfect, next, new challenge. In addition to this, the office is located in an enviable Sydney CBD location.
If you feel you fit the above requirements and you're looking to make that next move or curious to find out more, please apply today or you can reach me Priyanka Dayalan on 02 8047 4013 / 0470 483 323 email Priyanka.firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to hearing from you!