An opportunity exists for a Senior Linux Engineer to join the team in Sydney. This role has regional reach and responsibility for both trading and office technology across Asia Pacific. You will have a varied range of responsibility that will leverage your in depth knowledge of Linux and associated technology. Your focus will be to maintain, optimise systems and improvements existing systems.
- Monitoring and supporting the Linux estate on a day-to-day basis
- Maintaining the environment including tasks such as commissioning / decommissioning systems, responding to user requests and enhancing monitoring systems (Nagios)
- The continuous improvement of the IT environment such as automating, optimising and extending our configuration management and build infrastructure (Puppet / Ansible)
- Gaining in-depth knowledge and hands on experience of hardware and software configuration applicable to the trading space (NICs, kernel tuning)
- Assist with the support and administration of storage and backup infrastructure (SAN, NAS, DAS)
- Contribute and lead major projects in the region such as rolling out new trading platforms and deploying new solutions as required by the business
- Very strong Linux experience and knowledge
- Automation and scripting experience
- Strong troubleshooting capability, both proactive and root cause analysis
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Outstanding working environment with amazing views of the harbour from a high level in Sydney’s Barangaroo office precinct
- Free breakfast, catered lunch and snacks daily
- On-site Gym
- Free Members tickets to sporting events (SCG and Allianz stadium etc)
This role will suit someone who sees themselves as an expert with Linux and virtualised systems, with multiple years of experience. Ideally you will have experience with trading platforms however that is not required.
How to Apply
If you have current rights to work in Australia and interested Call Heath on 02 8047 4032 to find out more information. Alternatively if you know this role is for you click Apply Now!