My client is a world leading financial institution currently leading the way in the electronic trading of FX and Fixed Income financial products, located in Sydney's CBD. My client is expanding its new eFX Trading Team.
I'm looking for a motivated individual to become part of the Technical business operations team ( Production Management ) who can strengthen the team's ability to deliver reliable systems to the development team / traders and their support
You will be a seasoned lead Systems engineer used to dealing with the business and coming up with high level technical solutions
Primary Focus - Technology Infrastructure
Reporting to the Head of FX Technology, you will have responsibility for the management and ongoing enhancement of the company's systems infrastructure. This includes the trading systems infrastructure, data centre systems, IP networking, office servers, desktop, voice, etc.
Responsibility extends from the hardware level up to assisting our application development team, a solid understanding of UNIX at all levels is essential. The network also reaches into many customer sites via several service providers.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
4 years + working in a similar role within the Capital Markets space would be highly desirable as is an understanding of FX products but this is not essential.
• Minimum of 6 years working with UNIX, Commands, Scripting and Architecture
• Linux centos 6 scripting
• VMWare Virtual Centre, VDP and ESXi
• Networking, IP networking, IP services (DNS, smtp, BGP, OSPF and squid)
• Command line level device configuration, operation and support including Cisco, Dell & RouterOS
• Provide 1st level technical support
• Maintain and enhance monitoring tools to allow problems to be anticipated and quickly resolved.
By taking this role you will be joining a new team working on exciting new projects in a fast paced dynamic environment,if you have what it takes to meet these challenges then apply today, please call Steve on 02 8047 4031 / 0449995476 if you like to have a chat first.
This job has expired