What you’ll be doing…
- Validation of medium material models used in the business. This includes stakeholder / model owner engagement, writing of a validation report, assigning a validation rating of models and negotiating remedial actions following a validation, etc.
- Identification of business improvements in relation to models
- Opportunity to provide a model risk advisory role to the business and add value through your independent review and challenge of existing models
- Support the pipeline of model validation activity
What you will bring...
- Degree qualified within maths/statistics and 3-5 years relevant experience
- Advanced excel capability, whilst experience/knowledge of Python, R, SAS or similar coding packages is advantageous
- Ability to apply mathematical models for the assessment of risks. Knowledge of specific modelling fields advantageous (e.g. Credit Risk, Traded and/or Non-Traded Market Risk and/or Financial Modelling).
- Ability to make sound recommendations for improvements to existing or new models based on analysis and findings
- Prepares discussion papers and documents based on investigations & analysis
- Ability to apply knowledge of business and regulatory drivers when developing models and analysing findings'
What's in it for you?
This is a fast growing organisation with lots of career opportunities and the ability to earn an excellent package.
To learn more and have access to a more complete job description listing the full responsibilities, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.