The Senior Analyst Engineer – Service Reliability, will provide a senior java development capability to the service reliability engineering function of a data analytics platform.
To thrive in this role, you are excited about data and motivated to learn new technologies. You are comfortable collaborating with engineers from other teams, product owners, business teams, and data analysts and data scientists.
You are eager to resolve upstream data issues at the source instead of applying workarounds. You analyse and test changes to our data architecture and processes, and determine the possible downstream effects and potential impacts to data consumers.
Your core responsibilities:
- Analyse, design, implement and support features that enhance the business or customer experience, with a target of at least 50% of normal working time spent on delivery of medium to high complexity requirements.
- Identify, analyse, design, implement and support automation strategies for technology operational support processes, including change deployment, application resilience, monitoring/alerting, and user self-service.
- Foster engineering capability within the broader service reliability function through written and verbal knowledge sharing.
Represent service reliability interests within the broader engineering function through written and verbal knowledge sharing.
- Take ownership and accountability for production service, including fix on fail, problem investigation, root cause determination and resolution. This extends across the application’s entire technical service including infrastructure, security, monitoring/alerting, application code and user experience; identifying and engaging supporting domain expertise where necessary.
- Participate in delivery of automated production change, understanding change content, executing change control procedures, appropriate technical and business verification, and user communications.
- Participate in and provide quality assurance activities, including code reviews, white-box testing, test coverage for own work, and test framework maintenance. Debugging and fixing code defects.
- Production Support – the role requires the successful applicant to be on primary support for critical payments applications approximately 1 week out of every 4.
- Proactively manage risk; meet all policy and compliance requirements; perform controls; adhere to Process and Procedures pertinent to role; and escalate events, issues or breaches as they are identified (risk accountability forms part of all roles, as everyone is responsible for managing risk and compliance).
- Core Java (ideally Java 8 or greater), EJB and Spring experience
- Exposure to build and automation tools (Ant, Gradle, Jenkins, Jython)
- Experience with the following: J2EE, Spring, MDB, messaging, Angular, RDBMS (ideally Oracle), SCM (Git) & Unit Testing
- Established network and platform (*nix) skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deal with stakeholders (both users and product owners)
- Incident, problem management and resolution experience
- Successful delivery of technology solutions working to very tight timeframes
- Relevant Financial Services Industry experience
- Tertiary qualification in a Technology discipline or related field
Why should you apply?
- Attractive remuneration package and additional bonus
- Flexible environment
- Collaborative team & supportive management
- Unlimited career development & learning opportunities
Do you want to learn more? Apply NOW or contact Will McGreal on 03 8637 7304