An exponentially growing financial services company with multiple industry awards is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help build a world-class data, analytics and data science platform to manage an unprecedented pace of change and user experience.
They are a collaborative and close knit team of high performing individuals who work hard and celebrate their achievements. You can expect a fast paced, flexible, dynamic and fun environment where if you work hard you will be significantly rewarded.
What your new role would entail…
- Promote AWS and cloud best practices to maximise compute performance while minimising infrastructure costs.
- Design and develop usage patterns and APIs to enable user self-service.
- Ability to write and optimize complex queries using both SQL and NoSQL paradigms.
- Able to work with different data types e.g. streaming, real-time, file based, RDMS, unstructured data, etc.
- Ability to design and build complex event processing, preferably in a large-data environment.
- Design and develop NDC core capabilities such as data ingestion, feature engineering, data science pipeline, model management.
- Actively contribute to planning sessions both within the core NDC engineering team, the wider NDC team and NDC users.
- Work on software and data engineering for bespoke projects.
- Able to self-manage and mentor junior software engineers.
- To work with Data Delivery Centre communities of practice to drive development and implementation of Dev. Ops., continuous development/continuous integration and software engineering as required.
- Work with architects, delivery squads, communities of practice, projects, other technology teams, vendors and other delivery partners.
What you will bring...
- Experience working with large datasets in a restrictive environment (considerations around privacy, limits around user access, encryption, etc.).
- Demonstrable experience of Hadoop technologies e.g. Spark, PySpark, Kafka, Hive, Flume, Hue, Sqoop, etc.
- Experience working with, and configuring AWS services, preferably in a production environment.
- Ability to mentor less experienced colleagues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to assess and implement new technologies and processes.
- An open mindset and proven ability to innovate and influence.
What's in it for you?
This is a fast growing organisation with lots of career opportunities and the ability to earn an excellent package.
If you believe this role is for you, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.