Exceptional opportunity to join the most experienced and motivated team. Our client, large international investment bank is currently looking for intelligent, self-motivated, and collaborative software engineers for a number of exciting projects in the foreign exchange (FX) technology delivery team.
The FX technology team operates across Australia and internationally and has full ownership of the software development process. This growing team of developers apply Agile SDLC practices, with frequent incremental deliveries to production, and achieve a high degree of automated test coverage.
Successful candidates will meet the following mandatory requirements, and some of the desirable requirements (depending on experience level).
- Tertiary qualification in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Proficient at core Java programming
- Component with Linux operating systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Intelligent, able to solve problems and team-focused
- Amazon hosting (AWS)
- Experience with several open source Java frameworks
- Automated component or system testing experience
- Java UI development experience (JavaFX or Swing)
- Understanding of high availability design
- Understanding of ‘event sourcing’ applications
- Low-latency and/or reliable messaging systems
- NoSQL database and/or in-memory cache technologies
- Financial markets domain knowledge (foreign exchange in particular)