This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Solution designer, working with an iconic and well respected financial services company. The role will be working within the foreign exchange group on designing and building an automated trading system.
- Ask the right questions to keep things moving forward
- Spot potential design gaps and risks (and assess their impact)
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with different areas of the business - from stakeholders and Project Managers to Technical Services and Asset Specialists
- Lead workshops and create agendas that have clear outcomes
- Keep records and help maintain a central knowledge repository with details about models, patterns, guidelines and standards and project delivereables
- Take care of the non-functional side of it all - things like security, capacity, performance, cross-capacity and cross-release
- Make significant design decisions - and recognize when changes need to be made.
- Ability to socialize and get acceptance on suggested solutions and bold enough to question approach if they do not feet strategic direction
- review and understand software code and have the ability to code if required.
- Tertiary qualification in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Proficient at core Java programming
- Component with Linux operating systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Intelligent, dynamic and team-focussed
- Experience with several open source Java frameworks
- Automated component or system testing experience
- Java UI development experience (JavaFX or Swing)
- Understanding of high availability design
- Understanding of ‘event sourcing’ applications
- Low-latency and/or reliable messaging systems
- NoSQL database and/or in-memory cache technologies
- Amazon hosting (AWS)
- Financial markets domain knowledge (foreign exchange in particular)
Please APPLY NOW or call Antonina Sinina on 03 8637 7311 for more info.